Sometimes I can't believe the things that I have to tell Abby to do or not to do. Today Abby dropped a piece of unwanted chicken in JT's apple juice while he was home for lunch. She meant to put in back in the bowl, but missed. It was incredibly difficult not to laugh at what she did (and I have to admit I failed in my attempt). Unfortionatly, when one of us laughs at her, it makes her want to repeat her action. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. Lately Abby has started to ask if I would please put Taylor "night, night". She loves her little sister, at least for the first ten minutes she's up. Then she's ready for Taylor to disappear back to bed for awhile. It's been a little hard on her that Taylor is awake more which means I can't spend as much time playing with her. At least she is slowly adjusting.
Another new favorite activity of Abby's is to dress herself. In my next post, I'll put some of the outfits she has been choosing. JT would be fine if both girls ran around with a diaper on, as long as they stayed warm, therefore perfectly content with whatever outlandish outfit Abby has chosen for herself. I on the other hand, feel the reason to have girls is to be able to dress them up in cute things all the time (a major plus when they have matching cute outfits). I fear I am starting to get outnumbered between Abby and JT. One day she will appreciate the pictures of the matching outfits and bows, but until then, I'll satisfy myself with getting to pick out Taylor's cute clothes.
Yesterday both girls went to the doctor for checkups. After two hours, a round of shots, lots of books and "bribe snacks", and only three complete meltdowns, they were proclaimed healthy and developing great. Abby is 30lbs and Taylor is 14lbs. We then got to spend the rest of that day enjoying the beautiful outside.
wow! abby weights 3.5 lbs more than aniyah!!! bet aniyah still wins in head circumference though! :)
ReplyDelete