Friday, June 18, 2010

Crawling and Potty time

Taylor has taken off in the crawling department.  I even caught her on the second step of our stairs the other day.  We pulls up on everything now and even seems to be thinking about trying to walk.  I'm not sure I want an early walker on my hands, but apparently I don't have a choice in this matter (I tried pushing her down when she would stand up, but JT didn't like that very much, just kidding).

Abby continues to make us laugh every day.  Today we were visiting JT at the office and went into the  bathroom there.  We were in one stall and a girl soon after came into the stall next to us.  The conversation went something like this.

        Abby: I need to go poopoo and peepee.  (Pause)  Poopoo is coming.  And peepee, it's coming too.  Poopoo and peepee are coming.  (In walks the lady into the stall next to us and Abby, amidst grunting, continues with) She needs to go potty too, like Abby. (looks down) She has pick flip flops on, like Abby!!!  She's going peepee, yay!

All of this while Abby does nothing in the potty, but enjoying commentating on everything around her.  The poor girl next to us was probably laughing or completely embarrassed. 

JT's mom sent this to us the other day about our oldest and I had to share, it made me laugh so much

      she (Abby) saw tucker (her three-year-old cousin) standing up to go potty once, and sure enough, a day or two later..... you guessed it!   she was trying to climb up on the potty to stand up and pee.  i have to say, great problem solving skills!  because she had totally thought this one thru BEFORE she had to go potty.... she didn't stand there in front of the toilet and ponder how she might stand and go potty, she already knew that wouldn't work like it did for tucker.... she pulled down her breeches and immediately proceeded to climb up to stand on TOP of the potty to pee down into it!   wish i'd had a camera.... she is a livin'  DOLL!!!
(i told her only boys stand to go potty, girls sit)
=)

1 comment: