Project Paci
As Abby's 2 1/2 year mark came and went, JT and I knew it was more than time for us to say goodbye to Abby's paci. So after a lot of deliberation on the subject, we decided to have a paci party. Abby got to decide what day she wanted to have it on ("Sunday, no . . Monday, . . . no . . Friday!!!") and who she wanted to have there for this momentous occasion ("Lucy, River, and the boys"). The boys are our friends, the Bonows who have four boys. So I got some balloons and Friday night we had the oldest boy give Abby a speech of inspiration from someone who has gone before her in this endeavor, before we all marched outside to send the paci away.
Here is a video of the speech and pre-ceremony
Here is a video of the actual event.
A couple of pictures.
So far project paci has been going well. She slept well for two nights after only crying for about ten minutes the first night. She also tried that night to climb into Taylor's crib and steal her paci. Thank goodness for video monitors as I knew what she was doing and intervened. She didn't take a nap yesterday, but today was fast asleep within minutes. At the moment I'm a big fan of the whole paci party idea. I think actually watching it go away gave Abby a little more closure. Seems to be working so far anyway. We'll see what Tay's personality is and if we go that route again.
I'm so impressed by this paci party thing. I've never heard of it! but I love the idea of giving control of it to Abby in choosing when the party occurs & who comes. Good for y'all!!
ReplyDelete